MINIATURE HORSE DIVISION
Open to purebred miniature horses 38” and under
ENTRIES CLOSE AUG 28TH - $20.00 LATE FEE AFTER THIS DATE
Please mail entries to: Box 773, Pictou, NS, B0K 1H0
Chairperson: Ardith Hatch
Proof of NSEF Liability Insurance Must Be Provided with Entry Form!
- All fees for entries & stalls MUST accompany entry forms. NO PHONE ENTRIES, PLEASE. NO POST-DATED CHEQUES, PLEASE! Entries are to be posted-marked no later than August 28th. Please see Miniature Horse chairperson or committee member when you arrive on the grounds to enter any additional classes. All post entries must be paid for at least one hour before the class is scheduled or you will not be permitted to enter. NO EXCEPTION.! The fee for post entries is $7 per class.
- Horses shown in line classes only, must be hauled in and out. Gated stalls in the draft horse barn will be given to miniatures showing in harness classes first. Stall fee is $15.
- It is advisable that all entrants be immunized within the last six months and at least one month prior to the show. Any animal which appears ill in the opinion of a Veterinarian will be asked to leave the grounds.
- Entry fees will be refunded upon receipt of valid doctor’s or veterinarian’s certificate.
- Horses showing in Stake Classes must be shown in at least 2 other miniature classes.
- All prize money will be forfeited if stalls are left unclean at the end of the show.
- The PCNC EX cannot be held responsible for any loss or inquiry to horses and/or rider’s and/or equipment and tack.
- Exhibitors are expected to be on time for classes. THE SCHEDULE IS A GUIDE ONLY AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE. However, classes will not be run before their scheduled time.
- As a courtesy, please inform the chairperson and the announcer if you are to scratch form a class. Refunds will not be given for scratches.
- All exhibitors under the age of 18 will be required to wear a helmet when driving.
- Anyone interfering with the judge’s decision (before, during or after a class) will
forfeit all prize money and may be banned the following year. No exhibitor or family/friend may approach the judge directly with questions or comments. This may be done through the miniature horse Chairperson on behalf of the exhibitor.
- Ribbons will be awarded for 6 placings. Prize monies will be paid as follows:
1st - $10.00, 2nd - $9.00, 3rd - $8.00, 4th - $7.00, 5th - $6.00, 6th - $5.00
Stake money will be paid on the following percentages:
1st - 30%, 2nd - 25%, 3rd - 20%, 4th - 15%, 5th - 5%, 6th – 5%
- Trailer hook-ups, exhibitor passes and vehicle permits must be obtained at the main office. If trailer hookup is required, please indicate on the entry form. Trailer parking is limited.
- MINATURE HORSE FEES:
Office Fee (per horse) - $10.00
Classes - $5.00
Stake Classes - $10.00
Stalls - $15.00
Trailer Hook-up - $20.00/day or $60.00/week
There is no charge for ring numbers. If you have your own number, please indicate on your entry form. If you don’t have own number, one will be provided.
MINIATURE HORSE CLASSES
- Adult Pleasure Driving: Entries to be shown both ways of the arena at a walk, collected trot and a working trot. Horse will enter the ring counterclockwise and immediately pick up a collected trot. Horses will be required to stand quietly and to rain back.
- Pleasure Driving Stake: Open to all entries that pay a stake fee of $10.00 per entry. Same requirements as Pleasure Driving above.
- Adult Barrel racing: This is timed event. Will be required trot through a clover leaf pattern around 3 barrels or cones. A 5 sec penalty for each break in gait after the first.
- Adult Pole Bending: This is a timed event. Will be required to trot through a pole bending pattern around pylons or poles. 5 sec penalty for each break in gait.
- Reinsmanship: To be judged totally on the driver over a posted course. One entry in the arena at once until everyone does the course and they will be asked to drive on the rail at a walk, collected trot and working trot.
- Turnout Class: Horses to enter the ring at a collected trot. To be judged at the walk and collected trot both ways of the arena. Entries will line up and be judged on cleanliness and fit of harness and cart: grooming of horse and dress of driver, 60% turnout and 40% performance.
- Versatility Class: 1st is the pleasure portion of the class. Driven & judged as a pleasure class. At lineup, grooms are called in to hold horses. You will then unharness with a 2 min time limit, then grooms exit with the equipment. Entries will compete in the halter phase, which is followed by a hunter portion, consisting of 2 jumps only.
- Halter Mares: Judged on conformation at halter.
- Halter Geldings: Judged on conformation at halter.
- Adult Showmanship
- Youth Showmanship.
- Miniature Horse in hand Obstacle
Miniature Horses may also enter light horse costume class and grooming and conditioning pony.
All classes are open to both adult and youth unless otherwise stated.
Miniature Horses are asked to haul out off the grounds by 5pm on Saturday please.